Never heard of CROP Walk? CROP Walks are community events sponsored by Church World Service and organized by local community leaders and congregations to raise funds to end hunger at home and abroad. For frequently asked questions, click here. For CROP stories click here.
The York County CROP Walk is the oldest in South Carolina. There are two Walks in the Fall each year: the Western York County Walk, a 3-mile loop around the city of York that is designed as a prayer walk with several stations; and the Eastern York County Walk that totals 10 km around Rock Hill and the Winthrop campus, plus a 1-mile "fun walk" and the University's Canstruction project. Both walks ask for canned foods to donate to local area food pantries.
*25% of the money raised from CROPWALK will go to local food projects, with the other 75% going all over the world to combat hunger.